Friday, January 25, 2008

Did I insult a 9-year-old?

Today in Fred Meyer, as I was walking away from the checkout stand, I was putting my change in my wallet and every coin I had (probably 2 dollars worth) fell out and scattered around me. It was quite embarassing. But, this young boy was walking by at the moment and litterally scurried around picking up every one. I barely had time to grab a dime before he had all of my change. He wasn't trying to steal it, he was just a wonderfully gentlemenly and fast 9-year-old. So, when he was handing it to me, I felt the need to thank him, and I decided to offer him a quarter for helping me. But I fear that I offended him. He refused it at first, but I was so insistent that he eventually took it.

Would it be conceivable that he was offended, or was he just very humble and polite?

2 comments:

KJW said...

Humble and polite, foooo' shooo.

And why do you have so much change? Reasonable people spend their quarters at gum ball machines.

Anonymous said...

kelly jean,
Why do you ask such silly questions as to why she has so much change? Ren likes to wonder the streets with a one-hundred dollar bill.