Tuesday, February 12, 2008

probably actually one of the scariest moments of my life

so tonight i decided to pull a much needed all-nighter in my office at school to prepare for the two midterms i have tomorrow and write the paper i have due tomorrow

however, i didn't make it past 2:45 AM

things had been going well early on, there was a girl in the office next door to mine doing homework until midnight and even after she left i played music loud and finished almost two of my tasks, oblivious to my horror movie like surroundings

but, at around 2 AM i used the bathroom and started to work on my third assignment when i became acutely aware of the creepiness of it all

you see, the building closes at 11 PM, but nobody cares if you stay in after they lock it up. and, yeah, there are janitors in the building all night (i think) but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be extremely easy for some serial killer to hide out in a bathroom or corner, getting ready to strike

so, now i'm trying to focus on school work, but pausing my music at every small sound to listen really really hard for the culprit

eventually, at just about 2:35 AM, i hear keys

i pause my music and the keys get closer and closer and closer

until...the creepster turns into my office and asks where "dan" is.

i'm on my guard, "Um, I don't know who Dan is", reaching around below the desk for any weapon available

"Oh, you don't know Dan" Creepy looks around, looms over my desk, looks around some more

Explain Yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think

"Is he a building manager?" i ask

"....no...." looks around, looms, looks

"Does he work here in the building?"

"...(inaudible)..."

Explain Yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who are you? Why are you here? i think

"...ok, see you later..." looks, looms, leaves

"bye"

so, now i'm basically a sitting duck, waiting for him to gather his creepster gang and do with me what they will

but i can't just get up and leave right away, can i?

i wait maybe 2 minutes, consider closing my door and baracading myself behind the desk, but i realize that would make for the most unenjoyable night of my life, no sleep, and constant replays in my head of my certain death

so i leave, my keys in my hand ready to strike, imagining a chase scene in the VU the whole way, but no sight of the creepster

and, yes, i'm alive, a bit dramatic maybe, and certainly a fraidy-cat

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

That would CREEP me out too. Did he look cracked out or something? Your office seems like a cool place to pull an all-nighter except for that...

Nicole Kristine said...

I have had similar experiences and I sympathize with you. In general, people are creepy at night time. That's why I don't talk to anyone after the sun sets.

KJW said...

Did the guy have lots of facial hair? Did he quack? No, really. I know a creepy VU employee who has lots of facial hair and occasionally quacks. He needs to be fired.

Nicole is lying in the above comment. She doesn't talk to anyone after sunset because she's a vampire. And werewolf. And stinkbug. Combined.

Anonymous said...

Ren, just remember,
"Eyes, nose, throat, knees and groin, knees and groin." If you aren't close enough to the creep, show him your cleavage, and keep him stunned while you plan your next move. Incidentally, these attacks can be used against Nicole if she should ever try to bite you, suck your blood or stink.

KJW said...

Write again.